FinTech Wales Coding Academy (Back-End)
April 4, 2022 – May 11, 2022
Cardiff and Vale College
A fully-funded 10-week Bootcamp program for graduates, career changers and existing employees who want to improve their skills in the financial services industry. Gain transferable qualifications and get a guaranteed interview with a local employer.
Developed in close partnership with local FinTech employers, this free The intensive program is designed to provide you with relevant skills and qualifications in line with current local employment opportunities in the sector. It will pass on:
- 8 weeks for graduates (FE/HE) with a Level 4+ qualification in an industry relevant area, or
- 10 weeks for non-graduates who are employed or recently unemployed with a relevant basic skill set, and who are looking to retrain/upgrade their skills to enter the Fintech industry. The first two weeks of this 10-week program include additional intensive coding modules, so even if you are self-taught with a passion for programming and no formal qualifications in this field, we encourage you to apply.
All participants will receive a weekly training allowance of £150. Partner local FinTech organizations are committed to interviewing everyone who completes the required modules.*
You will develop your skills and gain valuable qualifications that will boost your career prospects in the FinTech sector as a back-end developer, with specializations in a range of programming languages, cloud services and project management methods. This is a fantastic opportunity to start, boost or change careers:
- You may have left school several years ago and have held various positions since then.
- You may be a college graduate struggling to find the right job.
- You may be looking to boost your confidence after a long career hiatus.
Whatever your background, this program aims to boost your confidence and provide you with skills valued by FinTech organizations.
- Overview of Fintech and regulatory requirements
- Industry engagement (completed throughout the program)
- Soft skills
- Database design and development (SQL)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Microsoft Azure
* The training allowance may affect the benefits you receive.